Fourteen LWVSCJ members met at the Loyko home on January 28 to discuss possible program issues for the coming fiscal year. Immigration education and advocacy as well as health care were among several issues discussed by the group. The LWVSJC board will be voting on a final program and then presenting it for member approval at the annual meeting.
Our Spring Voter issue is out! Read it here.
Contents of Spring Voter 2017:
2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship Winner
- Report on January Program Planning Meeting
- State and National Leagues respond to Administration actions
- Announcement of forum "Preventing Gun Violence in Our Community: Shaping Policy with Hope for the Future"
- Update on water issues
- Save the dates for upcoming events: Lunch & Learn on "ACE Forward", Annual Meeting, and LWVC Convention
- Thanks to our Circle of Support
- President's Message from Christeen Ferree
- The Dangers of Plastic
- Announcement on forum "Immigration - Learning the Basics"
Left to right, LWVSJC member Lauren Ah Tye, Pamela Howard, and LWVSJC member Susan Mora Loyko. Pamela Howard is the recipient of the 2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship. She is a business/political science major at Delta College and a single mother of three boys. She has returned to school after 10 years in the banking field and plans to complete her BS then go to law school.