YOU'RE INVITED TO OUR ANNUAL KICK-OFF MEETING
Help us celebrate the start of a new membership year and
hear about what the League of Women Voters of San Joaquin
County has planned. Get to know other League members
and your local Board. Please feel free to bring a friend!
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Time: 11:30 to 1:30 pm
LUNCH WILL BE SERVED
Location: Quail Lakes Clubhouse
3808 Quail Lakes Drive
Stockton, CA 95207
The League Launches New Online Voter Guide, Voter's Edge California - Get the facts before you vote!
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has launched Voter's Edge California, a comprehensive, nonpartisan online guide to elections covering federal, state, and local races in the state of California.
As the November election gets closer, check in to see exactly what will be on your ballot.
Using Voter's Edge California, voters can:
● Access their full, personalized ballot by entering their address.
● Get in-depth information on candidates, measures, and who supports them.
● View candidate biographies, top priorities, answers to questions, photos, policy videos, endorsements, and detailed information about who funds their campaigns.
● Browse unbiased explanations of ballot measures; find out who supports, opposes, and funds them.
● Check where, when, and how to vote, including information on their local polling locations.
● Keep track of their choices to make voting easier.
● Share information about the election with friends and family.
● Access a Spanish language version of the website.
Why use Voter's Edge California? We launched a prototype of the voter guide in California for the 2014 election, it received more than 725,000 visits--about 10% of the number of Californians who cast ballots in the election.
2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship Winner
Left to right, LWVSJC member Lauren Ah Tye, Pamela Howard, and LWVSJC member Susan Mora Loyko. Pamela Howard is the recipient of the 2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship. She is a business/political science major at Delta College and a single mother of three boys. She has returned to school after 10 years in the banking field and plans to complete her BS then go to law school.
- Our Spring Voter issue is out! Read it here.
CONTENTS OF SPRING VOTER 2016
- Thought-provoking articles by three local high school students "sharing their voices"
- A report on our October forum on health impacts of climate change
- A report on our January program planning meeting
- An invitation to a March Pros and Cons training
- Announcement of April's forum on early child education programs
- A report on LWVC water activities with local impact
- An article on our LWVSJC proposed dues increase
- A report from our Voter layout person, Ryan Camero, on his experience as a youth delegate at the climate changes talks in Paris in last November
- A message from our president, Kathy Schick
- A memorial message about past-president Carol Hemminger