Hot Topics Learn More
The League Launches New Online Voter Guide, Voter's Edge California - Get the facts before you vote on June 7!
Just in time for the June Presidential Primary Election, the League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has launched Voter's Edge California, a comprehensive, nonpartisan online guide to elections covering federal, state, and local races in the state of California.
Using Voter's Edge California, voters can:
● Access their full, personalized ballot by entering their address.
● Get in-depth information on candidates, measures, and who supports them.
● View candidate biographies, top priorities, answers to questions, photos, policy videos, endorsements, and detailed information about who funds their campaigns.
● Browse unbiased explanations of ballot measures; find out who supports, opposes, and funds them.
● Check where, when, and how to vote, including information on their local polling locations.
● Keep track of their choices to make voting easier.
● Share information about the election with friends and family.
● Access a Spanish language version of the website.
Why use Voter's Edge California? We launched a prototype of the voter guide in California for the 2014 election, it received more than 725,000 visits--about 10% of the number of Californians who cast ballots in the election.
2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship Winner
Left to right, LWVSJC member Lauren Ah Tye, Pamela Howard, and LWVSJC member Susan Mora Loyko. Pamela Howard is the recipient of the 2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship. She is a business/political science major at Delta College and a single mother of three boys. She has returned to school after 10 years in the banking field and plans to complete her BS then go to law school.
- Our Spring Voter issue is out! Read it here.
CONTENTS OF SPRING VOTER 2016
- Thought-provoking articles by three local high school students "sharing their voices"
- A report on our October forum on health impacts of climate change
- A report on our January program planning meeting
- An invitation to a March Pros and Cons training
- Announcement of April's forum on early child education programs
- A report on LWVC water activities with local impact
- An article on our LWVSJC proposed dues increase
- A report from our Voter layout person, Ryan Camero, on his experience as a youth delegate at the climate changes talks in Paris in last November
- A message from our president, Kathy Schick
- A memorial message about past-president Carol Hemminger
Debates, Forums, Interviews Learn More
- Debates, Forums, Interviews
Local League Positions Learn More
- Positions - San Joaquin County
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and events for the public and League members
Publications Learn More
- Newsletter & Annual Reports
Elections & Voting Learn More
- Ballot information, registering to vote ...and more
Membership & Donations Learn More
- Start or renew memberships, or donate to the San Joaquin League or the tax-deductible Education Fund.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
In order to best connect with our League, we encourage you to Like us on Facebook
and/or Follow us on Twitter
. You will instantly find yourself updated with the latest news relevant to the League, and connected to our members and others like you. It is also a great and convenient way to let your opinions shape our work.
Your tax-deductible donation to the San Joaquin County League Education Fund will assist us in the vital area of voter education.