Hot Topics Learn More
Free Educational Event
Saturday July 15, 2017
9:30am - 12 pm
Location: Health Plan of San Joaquin
7751 South Manthey Rd.
French Camp, CA
Fourteen LWVSCJ members met at the Loyko home on January 28 to discuss possible program issues for the coming fiscal year. Immigration education and advocacy as well as health care were among several issues discussed by the group. The LWVSJC board will be voting on a final program and then presenting it for member approval at the annual meeting.
Our Spring Voter issue is out! Read it here.
Contents of Spring Voter 2017:
2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship Winner
Left to right, LWVSJC member Lauren Ah Tye, Pamela Howard, and LWVSJC member Susan Mora Loyko. Pamela Howard is the recipient of the 2015 Sylvia Kothe Memorial Scholarship. She is a business/political science major at Delta College and a single mother of three boys. She has returned to school after 10 years in the banking field and plans to complete her BS then go to law school.
- Report on January Program Planning Meeting
- State and National Leagues respond to Administration actions
- Announcement of forum "Preventing Gun Violence in Our Community: Shaping Policy with Hope for the Future"
- Update on water issues
- Save the dates for upcoming events: Lunch & Learn on "ACE Forward", Annual Meeting, and LWVC Convention
- Thanks to our Circle of Support
- President's Message from Christeen Ferree
- The Dangers of Plastic
- Announcement on forum "Immigration - Learning the Basics"
Debates, Forums, Interviews Learn More
- Debates, Forums, Interviews
Local League Positions Learn More
- Positions - San Joaquin County
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and events for the public and League members
Publications Learn More
- Newsletter & Annual Reports
Elections & Voting Learn More
- Ballot information, registering to vote ...and more
Membership & Donations Learn More
- Start or renew memberships, or donate to the San Joaquin League or the tax-deductible Education Fund.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
In order to best connect with our League, we encourage you to Like us on Facebook
and/or Follow us on Twitter
. You will instantly find yourself updated with the latest news relevant to the League, and connected to our members and others like you. It is also a great and convenient way to let your opinions shape our work.
Your tax-deductible donation to the San Joaquin County League Education Fund will assist us in the vital area of voter education.