Hot Topics Learn More
- President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act (VRA) into law on August 6, 1965.
In June 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court gutted key provisions of the VRA.
LWVSJC calls on Congress to mark the 50th anniversary of the signing of this critical law by restoring VRA protections across the country.
Strengthening Our County Library System
Stockton Librarian Suzy Daveluy
The Annual Dinner featured an excellent presentation. See the coverage from the Stockton Record.
Our Spring Voter issue is out! Read here. Our Annual Report for 2014-2015 is also available.
CONTENTS OF SPRING VOTER 2015
- County groundwater is topic of League forum
- President's Message
- Program Planning meeting identifies topics for focus
- Civil Grand Jury a force for improvement
- County Libraries the focus of Annual Meeting speakers
- Toastmasters offers public speaking opportunities
- The LWVUS seeks consensus on money in politics
Debates, Forums, Interviews Learn More
- Debates, Forums, Interviews
Local League Positions Learn More
- Positions - San Joaquin County
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and events for the public and League members
Publications Learn More
- Newsletter & Annual Reports
Elections & Voting Learn More
- Ballot information, registering to vote ...and more
Membership & Donations Learn More
- Start or renew memberships, or donate to the San Joaquin League or the tax-deductible Education Fund.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
In order to best connect with our League, we encourage you to Like us on Facebook
and/or Follow us on Twitter
. You will instantly find yourself updated with the latest news relevant to the League, and connected to our members and others like you. It is also a great and convenient way to let your opinions shape our work.
Your tax-deductible donation to the San Joaquin County League Education Fund will assist us in the vital area of voter education.